The Sharon Cooperative School
Partnership Families and educators form a team focused on the best interests of your child, meeting regularly during the year to set goals and assess the growth and development of your child. Daily communication between home and school fosters a strong and trusting partnership.
Family Centered: We are a unique child-centered environment where all of the educators know all of the children. Small age-based classrooms with dedicated educators provide a balance of structured and free play activities where children can explore their own unique interests.
Cooperation: Families share their special interests and talents from music to firefighting in the classroom. They also serve on committees, boards and projects throughout the year helping not only run the school but also enhance its facilities, programming and future.
The Sharon Cooperative School, Inc. admits students of any race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, cultural heritage, or disability to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, cultural heritage, political beliefs, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other school-administered programs.
Comments from past Family Surveys:
• A safe nurturing place that encourages individual growth through exploration and creative expression. Learning is made fun and independence is fostered. The focus on awareness of the needs of others and encouragement of individuality is fabulous. It’s all about community – Great!
• I love that it is small enough that all the staff know all students. It truly feels like a community. All staff members are clearly committed to the school and it shows. They always treat children and parents with respect and care.
• All children are treated with respect and as true individuals, this program develops spirit and soul and teaches our children to move outward and sideways and not just forward.
• I like the program as is. It offers a well-balanced mix of parental opportunities and fantastic learning opportunities for children and parents.
• The school is a wonderful place for our children. I wish we could continue during kindergarten and after school programs. We have a real community!
• I love how creative you are with the children and how you make them think “outside the box”.
• The curriculum is fantastic. The variety is great – I love the projects and new knowledge my child brings home every day.
• I am in love with the teachers. I feel confident that I am surrounded by knowledgeable, caring, smart and educated teachers who care about my child and the program.
• My children have learned a tremendous amount while at school. The curriculum is exciting to them and provides lots of opportunities for individual growth. They have both gained independence and confidence while making friends. I have also noticed that my two children who have gone through the program have each taken experiences and made them their own. They are two different personalities each gaining his/her own experience from the same curriculum.